Safeplast Safe-Sleeve (PTPS Series) is a woven textile hose protection. Designed for burst containment of hydraulic fluid escaping a hose rupture with force or a pin hole leak, the sleeve will dissipate the fluid safely, minimizing harm to employees and equipment. Simple and easy to install, the PTPS Series offers excellent abrasion resistance while being both extremely durable and flexible. The sleeve also offers UV protection for hoses. Additionally, the PTPS Series has been approved by MSHA for use in the mining industry.
Sizing Note: The sleeve size to use should be 1.5 to 2x the O.D. of the hose and target 20% extra in length and secure ends to the hose. This will ensure the sleeve has enough room to expand to properly contain fluid.
- Burst and containment protection tested to 400 bar (5,800 PSI)
- Flame retardancy - exceeds performance levels to ISO 8030 and self extinguishes in less than 30 seconds
- MSHA approved
- Protects against physical abrasion and deterioration
- Extremely durable and flexible material
- Manufactured with a catch-cord
- Large variety of standard sizes
- Secondary printing and cut-to-length capabilities available
Standard Color: Black